Ordinary

By Carol - April 15, 2022

For most of my life, I despised being ordinary. I was always thinking of how to create special moments-ones that were unique and worth rememebering. Different from everyday experiences. In this chase for "special" moments, I found myself exhausted and depleted-far from the joy I hoped to feel. Starting in 202, during the pandemic lockdown, I found myself finding peace I had never expereinced before in the most mundane tasks and the mot ordinary days. In those quiet moments, I could slowly hear the gentle and soft voice of God. The unhurried pace of life helped me to find joy in my body, soul, and most of all, my spirit. I came to learn that growing in the Lord does not always happen in special moments, but in the everyday rhythms we create and follow, so that no matter the circumstance, we are able to just taste and see the abudance of God's life. I wish I could say my life is always like this and I'm alway following these rhythms- sadly, that is the case. However, because I have come to practice these rhythms and experience the joy and life that flow from them, I can return to them. Oh, believer, it is in these slow moments, and dare I say, boring moments, that we can touch and enjoy Christ alone. When the gentellest breeze and beam of sunlight remind us just how sweet and dear our Lord Jesus is. This is my song, this is my prayer. Lord be mine in the ordinary days. Then I may remember how everything points to you.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments